Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Life as normal

It's been too long since I've posted, and I have no excuse besides it being the most stressful week I've had in a long time. I didn't get admitted to UNC and am on the waitlist for UVA. Home for lunch right now, I got a nice reminder from the dogs that the world has not ended and life will continue on as normal, no matter what I do.

I was walking aimlessly in the house, partly because I have a (nother) cold and partly because I'm tired from getting up early to do P90X, when I caught a flash of black and brown in the backyard. When I snuck to the window to spy, I was greeted with a sight that made me smile. They were playing, as they always do. Chili was taunting Cozby with a stick, or sometimes a toy, as if Cozby wanted it, then they would come together in a clash of kangaroo fighting. Upon separation, Chili would do a couple of sprint laps around the yard, each time coming just close enough to Cozby to make him think there was going to be another encounter, but far enough away that he could continue his laps. Then, another clash of kangaroo fighting. Rinse, dry, repeat.

Sometimes I envy the dogs, and this is one of those times. Their only real stress is when we don't feed them until late, and their only responsibility is to do nothing. Of course, there could be squirrells in the backyard. That would be a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment