Friday, March 13, 2009

Victims of Syracuse

Last night, Syracuse played UConn in the Big East basketball tournament. The game went to six overtimes. Only two other games have gone to six overtimes and one to seven overtimes in the history of NCAA basketball. What does this have to do with our dogs? Not much, except that I stayed up to watch the whole game, so I was exhausted all day today.

Even with tiredness, I knew that I needed to have a workout. It was one of those workouts where you just survive, and I was even more exhausted afterward. I stopped at the grocery store on my way home and something caught my eye.

Kongs. What a treat they would be for the mutts! Didn't happen. I was so exhausted that I did my own slug impression on the couch watching basketball again. (Did I mention that I love this time of year?) I'm reminded of a quote from "The Ghost and the Darkness" ... "In point of fact, it didn't [work]. But I'm convinced the theory is sound." They'll have their Kongs tomorrow. And it will be great.

And to bring the whole thing full circle, Syracuse just beat West Virginia. In overtime. (Only one this time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment