Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Brthday Mommom!

We're going down to Williamsburg today for Britten's grandmother's 88th birthday. It's a big family event for a big family, and always lots of fun. I'm lucky that I can make it this year, since sometimes I have a wrestling tournament around this time.

Fortunately, we get to bring the dogs with us, though they spend a good amount of time upstairs in a single crate...


Regardless, we don't want our shedding monsters to deposit huge amounts of hair in Mommom's house, so whenever we go down there, it's bathtime for the four legged freaks. Bathtime is always an interesting time around here - Chili doesn't enjoy baths that much (a lab not enjoying water, it's heresy), and there always seems to be an amazing amount of dirt that comes off them. This time, Britten and I worked out a system. I would get in the shower and bring Chili in with me while she brushed Cozby. After I washed Chili and gave him his first drying, we'd switch dogs.

Chili did his best impression of a bad escape artist the whole time, but we managed to get everything cleaned up. His favorite part, of course, was the drying off portion, when he attempted to eat not one, but two towels.

This was my first time washing Cozby, so I didn't know what to expect. I was a bit taken aback that he jumped right in the shower without any coaxing, then just sat there as I did the whole shampoo, rinse thing. No motion again as I dried him off. Very strange... I'm going to take it as a sign that he liked it.

Now they are all dry and their fur is pointing straight out, it looks like they both stuck their paws in an electric socket. Time to get in the car and go to Mommom's. Hopefully Chili won't throw up in the car, as he is prone to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment