Saturday, January 24, 2009

If you can't beat 'em...

I got home from a wrestling tournament tonight and was in serious need of some shut eye. The day did not go well for our team, and I was whupped. Since Britten was coming home shortly, I opened the door, then plopped myself on the couch, hoping for a power nap.

Unfortunately for me, Chili's door-open routine isn't very conducive to me sleeping, since he paces in circles and whines at the outside world. After 10 minutes, I knew I faced a choice. On one hand, I could not sleep - not an acceptable option in my mind. An another, I could close the door - then Britten wouldn't have two wagging tails greeting her. The third option was to cave in. I moved Chili's bed right in front of the door and told him to lie down.

Worked like a charm. He could sit on something soft and not whine, and I could sleep. Right up until the time Britten pulled in the driveway, when a chorus of barking started. That was a new twist, hopefully not a result of my new tactic.

No comments:

Post a Comment