Friday, February 27, 2009

Bye Bye Black Dog

We're going to Davidson tomorrow to watch some basketball and see some friends. Britten's never seen my alma mater, so I'm pretty pumped to show it to her. Too bad it's supposed to be raining.

Something I never had to deal with before Chili came into my life (and subsequently Britten and Cozby) was figuring out what to do with a dog when I went out of town. I would just leave when I wanted to and get back when I wanted to. I can understand that this is a good "easing in" to the responsibilities of parenting (minus the diapers, but plus lots of shedding hair and slobber).

A while ago, we were very blessed to find the Pet Nanny of Richmond. She absolutely rocks! Very affordable, she'll come let dogs out or board them if she's got room. Since Cozby is a bit of a high maintenance dog, our preference in these scenarios is to have Cozby stay with his grandparents and Chili go board with the Pet Nanny. They both love it, and come back played out.

So tonight, as part of the preparations, I had to go drop Chili off at her house. I put Cozby in his crate and got the leash out for Chili. Boy, was Cozby upset that he wasn't getting the leash treatment - he howled and barked as I put the leash on Black Dog. We got in the car, and of course Chili whined the whole way over. Thankfully, there was no vomit involved.

Upon our arrival, Chili ran around for a second, then promptly marked the dining room chair. Sweet. Nice houseguest. You can dress him up (and he tries to eat the outfit), but you can't take him anywhere. Once we got that out of the way, and I'd apologized profusely, he went in the backyard with the Nanny's dog and another one that was there, and he proceeded to get humped headfirst by the other dog. He's going to have a great weekend.

Now it's just me and Cozby here, waiting for Britten to get home from work - she's working late to get something done for Monday. He's a little more relazed than normal, probably because he doesn't have to worry about Chili nerding him.

It's going to be such a fun weekend for all four of us, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment