Saturday, February 21, 2009

Epic struggle

We did indeed go for a walk today, it was awesome. I know I worked up a sweat, and Cozby's tongue was definitely dragging. Unfortunately, the walk was preceded by watching Davidson lose to Butler in basketball and was followed by watching UNC lose to Maryland (who was sporting yellow jerseys - fear the yellow turtle?). I was able to have a good run this morning, so I'd say that the day is still ahead on points.

Britten is working (at her third job...) right now, so it's me and the dogs once again. A little while ago, I gave them both rawhides. Chili devoured his, of course. Cozby didn't touch his, of course. But he is being very strategic and lying with his head on the bones. In this manner, he's preventing Chili from stealing them. Black Dog has made a few laps around the house, pondering how to get the bones from Cozby. Every time he even looks in Cozby's direction, Cozby growls. It's a chess match. Seeing as the combined IQ of the dogs is probably less than that of an inanimate chess piece, I don't see the game ending anytime soon.

I'm half tempted to get up and take the bones and give them to Chili, because with nothing to chew on, he's opted to lick his genitals. Very noisily. There are grunts involved. I wish I was kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment